Monday, September 1, 2014

Currently in September!

Happy Labor Day folks! I...CANNOT...believe...it is already SEPTEMBER! This year has truly gone by with such a quickness. I'm linking up with Farley at Oh, Boy 4th Grade to bring you my CURRENTLY update.
http://ohboy3rdgrade.blogspot.com/2014/08/currently-september-2014.html?m=1
The start of the school year has kept me quite busy (and away from my blogging...sigh) so I thought a CURRENTLY post was the perfect way to update everyone on the current happenings in my life. Before we get started, can I please just take a moment and say that I seriously LOVE my new class?! I have only known them for one short week and they seriously just melt my heart each day! They are all wonderful and I'm truly excited about the awesome year we have ahead of ourselves! Alright, on to my CURRENTLY post:

 LISTENING: I love the Talking Heads! My husband may or may not cringe when I put this CD on repeat but I just can't get enough of their music and this album has so many awesome songs. Listening to this album just picks up my mood and makes me happy!

LOVING: Oh...my...stars!!! Have you tried these chips yet?! If you have not, it is time to head to the store and buy them. Like, right now! And after tasting them, you MUST vote for them to win because they are the clear winner in the current LAY's flavor contest. Seriously, they are THAT good. I promise!

THINKING: I have already developed my To-Do-List for the day and blogging was definitely on the list! One check done...now on to the other 5 million things I have listed for myself to do...Whoever said that Labor Day was a day to celebrate by not working, couldn't have been a teacher!

WANTING: The fall season is my absolute favorite. I feel like it always goes by so quickly though. I can't wait for it to cool down a bit (although I must admit that this past summer seemed fairly mild compared to other years) so I can start wearing turtlenecks, long pants and vests!

NEEDING: I have had scheduling an eye exam on my to-do list for several YEARS now. Yep, YEARS! I've been using the same prescription (glasses and contacts) for about ten years now and I know I'm long overdue for a visit. I know, I know... stop reading this in absolute disbelief...I'm going to get to it...

3 TRIPS: With the start of the new school year, I don't see me going to any of these destinations anytime soon but they are still on my wishlist! Up first: Ireland. I'm part Irish, so I figure a trip to Ireland is a must on my list! New Zealand is on there because my husband spent a month there after getting out of the marines and fell in love with the country. We would honestly move there if I agreed but I couldn't bear moving so far away from my family. After seeing his pictures and hearing about his trip though, I would definitely love to visit! Finally, London has always caught my attention and I just think it would be fun to go there and experience it with it's rainy weather and all! Besides, rain is just a reason to sport a cute umbrella and I'm totally up for it!

Alright, that's it for me. Be sure to head over to Farley's post and read up on what other bloggers have posted!


4 comments:

  1. I am with you on the season. I love, love, love fall!!! Love it so much I got married in the fall because I loved the colors and the weather! I have wondered about those chips so now I will try them! I am trusting you that they are good lol. I have been to London and want to go back. It was wonderful! I hope you have a great school year!
    Lena
    4th Grade with Glitter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theresa,

    Hopefully I'm not making myself sound disconnected but I've never heard of Taking Heads! I will be checking them out soon!

    I completely understand the to-do list! I've already got mine going too. Link up with Farley: check! Teachers never rest!! Always more work to do!

    Stop what you're doing right now and book your appointment with the eye doctor...your'e still reading this...stop reading and make that call! Lol!

    I'm happy for you that you love your class!!! One barometer child can really change the temperature of the ENTIRE class! Have a great year!

    Heidi Neels
    Flipping For First

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love fall! And I feel you with the long list of things to do, mine is out of control, but thank goodness for an extra day this weekend! I hope you have a great Labor Day and do not forget to enter the giveaway on my blog!
    Miss Crafty Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete