Wednesday, August 6, 2014

I...LOVE...Stickers!!!

No, seriously. I do! They are just plain fun and kids are so easily amused by them too! Hence my newest sticker writing resource: Stickers, Stickers & More Stickers!
For the past few days, I've been hard at work on this sticker writing activity packet and I'm pleased to announce that it's finally done and up for sale in both of my shops. (I am also notably excited that some of the illustrations that I have been working on this summer actually make an appearance throughout this packet too!) The packet includes 25 pages of sticker writing fun that can be used during Work on Writing time, for homework practice, as a creative writing activity or just for fun! Because each page relies on using stickers, I know it will keep my budding writer's engaged and truly motivated to write.

I will admit that I have used the plain sticker story stationery before (which my kids always loved) but I often found myself wishing I had other sticker activities to spice things up as well. I'm pleased to announce, that this packet finally addresses those wishes! Read on to get a peek at a few of the other activities you will find inside:
Describe-a-sticker is a fun twist on the traditional bubble mat because with this one, you get to use...yep, you guessed it: STICKERS! Students choose any sticker to be their topic and write words to describe it. It's simple, but totally fun!

The Sticker Picture Sentences page was designed for truly emergent writers who may not be ready to write a full-blown story just yet. Students can use this page to create two pictures and write sentences to tell about their illustrations. (I know many first graders come in still struggling to write one complete sentence so I think this page will be a good starting point for them.)

The Stick-A-Story rebus writing prompts are easily my favorite pages in this packet. Keeping in mind that not all kids are ready to write a whole story on their own at the start of the year, I came up with a way to still give them the chance to practice writing with story structure. The prompts are essentially simple sentences with two missing words that introduce the characters and setting. Some even introduce a plot. Using 2 stickers, students can fill in these blanks and then they must write the rest of the story to tell what happens next. Depending on the stickers that your students select to complete the blanks, your students could easily come up with some really varied stories even though they all begin the same way. (This packet includes six different Stick-A-Story pages).

Like I said, these are only some of the activities you will find in this packet. There are a few other ones that I did not mention here but I promise you they are awesome too! I have placed this packet on sale until Sunday night in both of my shops. Hurry up to get it on sale now while you still can!

Teacher's Notebook

TPT

And now friends, I'm beat! This lady is going to bed! Good night!

~Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment